April 14, 2012

French Wine - A Man's Passion

I don't know what it is about the French, but they have a zest for living life to its fullest.  One might say it's something "in the wine" that young French children grow up on.  This wine is what inspired my husband's passion for becoming a collector.

This week at Our Creative Corner, MEN are the theme!  Your hostess is Irena Kowalczyk aka Rudlis from "Love, Life and Crafts" and she has a wonderful challenge planned for us.  On a card or project, show a passion, hobby or interest of a male family member.  Does he love sports or cars? Maybe he makes models or collects vintage books?  Please include what the passion is.

Here is my design team card for some inspiration.
My sweet friend, Jacqueline, who lives in France, sent me an envelope full of wine labels from various local wineries.  Oh, the joy!  She knows how much my husband loves wine.  I knew exactly which label I wanted to use for this card.

I wanted to create the illusion of a cabinet in an old, French wine cellar.  I embossed the label with gold ultrafine powder using a lattice bg stamp and framed it with black cardstock.  I backed the label with a piece of woodgrained patterned paper and framed that with black cardstock.  The final layer is the ivory card front.
I wanted the look of black wrought iron decorative pieces on the "cabinet door" and a fancy gold handle.  I used die cuts out of black cardstock for the iron.  For the handle, I created a floret with gold patterned paper and finished it off with a glass drop embellishment.
 
Please drop by Our Creative Corner and join in on our challenge.  Also, check out the awesome inspiration from the rest of the design team - they are amazing!

  Linda Coughlin- The Funkie Junkie
Vicki Burdick- It's a Stamp Thing
Sue Butler- Scrumplescrunch
Ann Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne
 Anita Houston - The Artful Maven
Wendy Janson-  It's All About Stamping
Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts (you are here!)
Holly Kean- Kean On Paper
Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis) - Love, Life and Crafts
Meihsia Liu- Simply Paper Crafts
Tui Nathan- Stampin Time
Lori Rider- The Diva Stamper
Kristin Tierney- Lilly Beth Boutique
Sharon Wheet- Designs by Sharon
 
 SUPPLIES:
Paper - My Minds Eye Miss Caroline, PPI cardstock
Stamps - Hero Arts Lattice Background 331065
Die and Folders - Spellbinders Fleur de lis doily motifs, Sizzix Flourish with Leaves, Tim Holtz Decorative Strip Die Mini Rosettes
Other - Webster's Pages glass drop embellishment
 
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips